Last weekend a group of us headed off with the kids to lunch at the Greens, North Sydney. It was not at all what I expected but a welcome difference.
At first you rock up and think you may be going to an old man’s bowling club (to my credit it was formerly a bowling club) but once you step inside the vibe completely changes. Home to excellent decor and plenty of families and young execs makes it a very cool place to visit to eat or just for drinks.
Where is The Greens
Address and Location
The Greens’ official address is 50 Ridge Street, North Sydney.
As you will see from the pictures below it is actually in the greater civic area which includes North Sydney Oval and St Leonards Park.
For the lucky few you can get parking right outside the front door but this is such a popular place that you probably won’t get parking.
The Greens Features
It was cold but we managed to get a booking inside which was ideal for those of us with little babies who didn’t want to venture outside.
Outside must be gorgeous in the summer. Even in winter, the outside area is lovely as there are fires going and live music to keep you entertained. For the kids there are grassy hills for the kids to run on. My son and husband spent quite some time outside and were perfectly happy.
As always happens when you’re out with good friends, our lunch was a long lunch. By the time we left it was dark which made me very grateful for the big couches and hot chocolate that was on offer.
Food at The Greens
While there is table service you order and pay at the bar. Most of us had the burger which was delicious. I think I inhaled mine so fast my kids couldn’t even get at it.
The kids had mini burgers and chips which looked decent.
The menu includes vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free food options and share plates on offer.
Drinks at The Greens
In a previous life, I would have like to explore the Greens for after work drinks in the summer. The Greens is an awesome venue with a beautiful view. It looks like the perfect place for a couple of cocktails or champagne with mates.
I had my standard decaf coffee when we visited but below are pictures of all the interesting drinks on offer.
A couple of notes on visiting the Greens
- Breakfast is only available on the weekends.
- Make sure you have some form of ID with you as they will ask you to sign in.
- It is pram friendly but if you’re sitting inside you may need to put the Pram aside as the tables are very close together.
- if you’re going on a weekend or in the evening, book a table in advance because it gets super busy you can book here
- If you’re interested in bowls there are membership options available.
- Monday to Thursday: 11.30am–11pm.
- Friday: 11.30am–Midnight.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am–11pm (breakfast is on from 9am – 11:30am).