Beef Coconut Curry
I like the idea of this Beef Coconut Curry. For ages I’ve focused on chicken curry so this will make for a nice change. I’ve also never cooked with coconut milk before so I’m keen to see what happens.
1. Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
3. Add garlic, ginger and spices. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Add beef. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
5. Add coconut milk, and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Cover.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
Serving Suggestions for the Beef Coconut Curry
Serve with rice and pappadums.
Recipe Source and adaptations
This is a recipe that I adapted from taste.com.au which you can find under the name Beef Coconut Curry.
That recipe had a really weird spice ingredient I had never even heard of and would never use again.
It also had 2 teaspoons of ground coriander which I haven’t included because my husband is very allergic to it.
This was one of the meals I included in Meal Planning Week 4.