7 Summer Gifts
I loathe being cold and love warm summery weather. There are millions of things I need to enhance my summer but here are just 7 of the things I have or would love to have.
The Summer Gifts List
- A decent, soft, massive beach towel. We were gifted a couple from a relative and we love them. Ours came from Trenery and Country Road and they feature on every beach day.
- A Beach sarong, kaftan or cover-all is great for days at the beach. There are some amazing ones from Seafolly, like the two shown below.
- A quality pair of sunglasses is a summer necessity. This gift has to be chosen with the gift-receiver because the glasses need to fit the persons face / be the right colour and must match the receiver’s needs.
- A good beach bag makes for a great gift. Some people think it’s easy to choose a good beach bag – it’s not. You need to ensure the following requirements are met:
- A good quality strap to it that is properly connected to the bag so it doesn’t break under the weight. This is very very important to check with the bigger bags that hold more.
- It needs to have fabric that won’t be ruined by the sand or suntan lotion.
- The innard should be plastic so you can dust the sand out and it’s somewhat water proof if your costumes are wet.
- You also have to have an inside pocket for phones or valuables.
- A great book. It must of course be an easy read, something light hearted with a happy ending. You don’t want the gift receiver to be on the beach crying her eyes out. I’ve been there and its embarrassing.
- Slip Slops. Summer means slip slops (or thongs as they call them in Aus). My favourites go as follows.
- When I am on the beach I wear Havanans. The ones pictured below are all Havianas.
- For summery dresses I get mine from Nine West, Aldo, Steve Madden (in South Africa Woolworths has great options as does Rage).
- When its for comfortable walking I would go with Birkenstock or Sanuk.
- A pedicure is my favourite summertime gift. With summer comes summer shoes which means your toes are on display – a great summer gift is a delux pedicure. Who could say no to that! This would probably be my favourite gift of this whole list.
Click on the links below for more gift ideas from our various Gift Guides.
If you've enjoyed this post please share it! Sharing makes my day!