PART 2 OF 120 KIDS ACTIVITIES IN JOBURG
IN JOBURG WITH KIDS
If you’re in Joburg with kids and looking for suitable places to visit below is a list of 120 places to visit. There are restaurants listed, activities and a places that combine both.
This list is based purely on suggestions from over 100 moms living in Gauteng who have visited these establishments with children of varying ages.
Personally, I cannot vouch for many of these places as they are new to me but I hope to explore as many of them as I can in the upcoming months.
I am not affiliated with any of the places listed below and I cannot attest to their parking, quality of the food or safety. Please look up each place you intend visiting (the web address is listed alongside the address) and confirm for yourself whether it is a place you want to visit of your own accord.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES
If you’re able to get out and enjoy one or two of these with the kids please let me know. Leave a comment below or let me know by Facebook. You can find me at Facebook/AllThingsMomSydney. Please do come pop past the Facebook page and say hi. I’m always looking to connect with other moms.
Share your experiences so other moms can benefit. Share and share-a-like.
61 – 120 KIDS ACTIVITIES IN JOHANNESBURG
- Bounce in Menlyn. Level 2Menlyn Maine Central Square, Amerind Avenue.
- Mike’s Kitchen Parkhurst. No 15 St. Andrews Road, Parktown, Johannesburg. A big outdoor area has lots of space for the kids to run around with trees providing ample shade.
- Little Cooks Club. Various locations.
- Green Garden Cafe. The Purple Tulip Nursery, Corner Cedar & Haven Roads, Broadacres Johannesburg.
- 21 Jump Street. Shop B014, Mall of the South, Corner Swartkoppies Road & Klipriver Drive, Aspen Hills.
- Segwati quad trails. Segwati Getaways / Ranch Hartbeeshoek Rd, (R400), Hartbeeshoek. (GPS Co-ordinates SOUTH 25 deg 51’41.6 EAST 27 deg 44’32.1).
- Bush Paintball. Range Plot 48, R511, Doornrandje, Tswane, Gauteng.
- Pottery Junction. 5 Glendower Place, 99 Linksfield Road, Dowerglen, Edenvale.
- Adventure golf. Brightwater commons, Randburg.
- The Big Red Barn. 7 Nelson Road, Sunlawns, Johannesburg.
- Mandela House. 8115 Orlando West, Soweto, 1804, Johannesburg.
- Aerial Cable. Plot 3, Melodie, Agricultural Holdings, Hartbeespoort.
- Lets Go Bowling. Northcliff Bowl, Beyers Naude Drive, Northcliffe. I love taking the kids bowling but be sure to ask them to cover the lanes so the balls don’t always land up in the gutter.
- The Fun Company (Greenstone Mall). Shop L043 Greenstone Mall,
Corner Modderfontein and Van Riebeck Ave, Johannesburg
- Mami Paradiso. 118 Kayburne Avenue, Randpark Ridge Johannesburg.
- Archery At Affordable Adventures. Awaiting confirmation of address from owners
- Tree Top Adventures Corner. R511 and Erling Road, Fourways.
- Northgate Ice Rink. Northgate Shopping Center, Northumbeland Road, Northriding.
- Red Bus City Tour. Gautrain Park Station, Johannesburg, 2000. I took my kid when they were really little and it was a bit too much for them, I would advise taking your kids when they are older. At least school going age.
- Indy Kart Indoor Go Karting. Princess Crossing Shopping Centre, Corner Ontdekkers Road and Helderprins Street, Roodepoort.
- Maropeng (The cradle of humankind). R563 Hekpoort Road, Sterkfontein, 1911.
- Kloofendal Nature Reserve. Galena Avenue, Kloofendal, Roodepoort.
- E-tuk-tuk in and around Sandton.
- Mini Steam Trains. Corner Louis Botha Avenue and Golf Club Terrace, Florida Park, Roodepoort.
- Feed the ducks at Zoo Lake. Jan Smuts Avenue and West World Street, Saxonwold, Johannesburg. Remember that it is best to feed ducks lettuce and not bread. Bread is actually really unhealthy for ducks!
- Neighbourgoods Market. 73 Juta Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg. I love Neighbourgoods just take a lot of cash and make sure you go early to find some parking.
- Amazing Mazes. 82 Boland Rd, Honeydew, Johannesburg.
- Joni X. Jozi X adventure centre, Corner Main Road and Sloane Street, Bryanston.
- Kiddilicious. 29b Whittakers Way, Bedfordview, Ekhurleni.
- Gold Reef City. Corner of Northern Parkway and Data Crescent,Ormonde, Johannesburg.
- Cafe Felecia. 19 Harris Road, Edenglen, Ekurhuleni.
- Wild Waters Boksburg.
- African Island. – awaiting confirmation of address from owners.
- Ifafi Boat Club. Die Ou Wapad St, Ifafi, Haartbees.
- Wild Falcon Spur (Spur Heathway). Heathway Square Shopping Centre, Shop 1042 & 1042A, Corner Beyers Naude Drive and Castle Hill Drive, Blackheath, Randburg, 2194.
- Mikes Kitchen (Bryanston). Bryanston 298 Main Road, Bryanston, Sandton.
- Centurion Train Park. Meerpark Station, Kwikkie Crescent, Centurion.
- Go Play. 270 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Bouleward, Centurion.
- Boat hire at Zoo Lake. Jan Smuts Avenue and West World Street, Saxonwold, Johannesburg.
- Little OT’s. Shop 16, Fontainblea Village, Corner of Rabie Street and Republic Road, Randburg.
- Linden Public Pool. Corner 11th St and Fourth Ave, Linden.
- Delta Park Playground. Craighall Road, Victory Park.
- Free Range Lifestyle Centre. 42 Witkoppen Road, corner Kingfisher, Sandton.
- Jozi Real Food Market. Pirates Sports Club, 25 Braeside Road, Greenside, Johannesburg.
- Pannetore Cafe. (Zoo Lake) Corner Cardigan & Westwold Way, Parkview.
- Grey Wolf Spur. Broadacres Shopping Centre, Cnr Valley & Cedar Road, Broadacres.
- Bordeaux South Children’s Bike Park. Corner of Main Street and Park Avenue Bordeaux, Randburg, Johannesburg.
- Cool Crafts. Corner 3rd Avenue and Sandler Road, Fairmont, Johannesburg.
- Arty Tots & Kids – awaiting confirmation of address from owner – www.artytots.co.za
- Pick and Paint Ceramic. 222 Van Dyk Road, Boksburg East Rand.
- Tam Tam Kids. 32 Burn Street, Waverley.
- The Silver Birch Restaurant. Lifestyle Garden Centre, Beyers Naude Drive,Randpark Ridge,Johannesburg.
- Crazy Kids Farmyard. 9 Daniel Street, Danielbrinkpark, Randburg Johannesburg.
- Quack & Moo Clubhouse. G44 Sunninghill Village Shopping Centre, Corner Maxwell and Edison, Sunninghill. Sunning hill Johannesburg.
- Kids Unleashed. 29 Louis Trichardt Street, Alberton, Ekhurleni.
- Randburg Raceway. 272 Samantha Street Strijdompark (Randburg), Johannesburg.
- Greenstone Adventure Golf. Stoneridge Centre, 1 Stoneridge Drive, Greenstone Park (behind Greenstone Shopping Centre).
- Gias on Montrose. 66B South Road, Morningside, Sandton.
- The Stables Village Market. 212 Third Road, Chartwell.
- The Fun Company (The Zone). The [email protected]
Shop FF20 – FF27, 50 Bath Avenue, Johannesburg
Due to the size of this post – I have had to split it into two. Be sure to check out Part 1 of 120 Kids Activities in Johannesburg and surrounds, as this is the second part of the list.